B vitamins play an important part in weight loss and as such, they should not be ignored. Out of the 13 essential vitamins required by the body, 8 of them are from the B-complex group. So it should be no surprise that they are important to you. However, their importance stretches into the weight loss arena such as metabolism and red blood cell synthesis as well as the production of energy.
- Vitamin B1: Also called Thiamine, this is a vitamin which is required by the body for proper metabolism of starch and sugars in order to convert them into energy. Vitamin B1 also plays a role in helping the heart as well as other muscles function properly.
- Vitamin B2: Also known as Riboflavin, this vitamin is responsible for helping the thyroid glands and is also responsible for metabolism. B2 provides the body with energy as well and when you exercise it is used up. However, nutritional yeast is a great way to substitute for what is lost.
- Vitamin B3: Also known as Niacin, this vitamin helps normal thyroid hormone production.
- Vitamin B5: Also known as Pyridoxine, this b vitamin is responsible for the maintenance of and generating of energy in the body.
- Vitamin B6: Also known as Pantothentic Acid, this b vitamin is responsible for playing an integral role in the metabolism of fats especially those which are unsaturated. It is also responsible for ensuring that the metabolic system runs smoothly.
- Vitamin B12: Also known as Cyanocobalamin, this is the most popular of the b vitamins and is responsible for DNA regulation and synthesis. It is one of the most important substances required by the body and although it is only needed in small amounts, without it the body will be sick and metabolism will not function right.